Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gondolas, Friends & Fireworks

This year we celebrated the 4th with our good friends, the Swensens. We kicked off the weekend with dinner at the Pioneer. Tasty steaks, salads, (Kacey had salmon) and HUGE baked potatoes. Oh, we were SO full! YUM. My belly wants more!
The next day, Sunday, we rode the gondola up the mountain to the top. Well, actually, Kacey, Greg and Ava went all the way to the top while Casey Boy, Atticus, Sofia, Gabe & I waited. 




CHEEEESE!

Swensens
Schroeders
The beautiful view of the valley...


We went into Hailey for the 4th of July parade. The kids and I chose a shady spot (the only one I could find- there were TONS of people!) out of the HOT sun. The kids got lots of loot-candy, paper fans, little activity books, stickers, rubber duckies, and a little pinwheel. I even bought them sno- cones. 
Our fearless little Ava kept moving farther into the road and down a ways from us in order to get more candy. She loves the horses too, and there were countless in this parade. 
Happy Independence Day! I am so proud AND grateful to be an American, to be able to raise our family and live in this beautiful country, land of the free. Yippeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment